Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First Ground Swell of the Season

Had the immense pleasure of experiencing some fun ground swell this past Tuesday, though the glassy conditions did not last.

I've noticed that Surfers from all over California have been a bit disappointed with the summer conditions of late, with many of the prime spots never achieving their full-potential or being too cold to surf in anything other than a 4/3. The same can be true of NORCAL, though we do enjoy our inhospitable cold environment! However, I'm beginning to feel that this winter might shape up to be a pretty good one, now that El Nino is no longer a factor. Now all I need is a good long shoulder to carve my deeds upon.

The water was a nice color and the peaks were spread out with no crowds at all. Here be the rest of the pics:

1 comment:

  1. That looked like a great day! Here's hoping for a good winter...

    ReplyDelete