Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Last Surf Session


Well, a little late on this but alas things move at a slower pace up in NORCAL. Had some fun, and then again some lameness too, during my last surf sesh. First day out, clean and big (see pics). Damn short-boarders seem to always congregate right around the drop zone, so a lot of dodging and weaving to avoid them. Actually got on a nice wave that had me diving through its face to avoid the close-out in front of me, only to discover upon my surfacing that my board was right on top of a female short boarder. I, of course, ensured all was ok with her and my board before proceeding to catch one or two more before exiting the very congested environment. I simply cannot stand it when conditions are big, as well as the crowd. NORCAL demands a lot from me when I surf, too many things can go wrong very quickly in large swells...a large crowd just creates more problems.

The next day brought the same size but poorer conditions in the water with the same large crowd. Though I caught some really nice waves...got tired of feeling like I was in a washing machine. Here be some pics from the first day.


2 comments:

  1. That looked like a really fun session!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way with regard to crowds. If it's epic but there's a stupidly big crowd in the water, I'll just sit it out because I know I would just go home mad anyway. Dodging people and worrying about being run over isn't surfing.

    Nice waves in the pics though.

    ReplyDelete