Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Envy


As much as I would like to dream about the day when I can fulfill the promise of seeking the endless stoke with abandon, along comes the financial reality of just trying to survive in these dire economic times and the commitment one has to make in order to pursue, or at least plan for, those brief moments of wonderful bliss within the ocean.

I came across a video that was excerpt from an Australian surfing film on the blog Korduroy...check it out:

tp://www.korduroy.tv/2010/filmmaker-feature-mick-waters

It presents a fantasy that all of us potential "soul surfers" constantly imagine as a goal set within our own world of endless stoke. I would gladly abandon all life lived within the confines of a "civilized" environment for the grand adventure of escaping to the world of waves ridden and life held as precious little moments of utter bliss.

I occasionally get a taste of this guy's amazing experiences, though not as filled with the endless tubes he catches. I cannot deny that I am grateful for what I have, limited as it may be at the moment but far from the "exiled" conditions I experienced in Alaska. I just wish that someday I'll have the balls and funds to follow in the footsteps of all those soul surfers that have, and are riding the waves of a stoke-filled life lived in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment