Came across some video sickness as it relates to the inevitable act that all us water-types must endure...the wipe-out. This past weekend, I had my own little experience of epic cold-water explosiveness as I attempted to ride my new board high on the face to speed myself past a rock that loomed in my path.
The wave, laughing at the insignificance of my ride, threw me off and over, as the lip cascaded down upon me. Lingering at the bottom, my board's rail awaited the unavoidable implosion of my upper right thigh with its rock-hard 10 oz. volan glassed self.
Upon resurfacing, I happened to catch a lone grey seal staring blankly in my direction, as if it was silently enjoying the folly of my human drama before it effortlessly dove under the incoming set.
All I can say is that; thank gawd for muscle...sore as I might be, it's better than having a broken leg!
The wave, laughing at the insignificance of my ride, threw me off and over, as the lip cascaded down upon me. Lingering at the bottom, my board's rail awaited the unavoidable implosion of my upper right thigh with its rock-hard 10 oz. volan glassed self.
Upon resurfacing, I happened to catch a lone grey seal staring blankly in my direction, as if it was silently enjoying the folly of my human drama before it effortlessly dove under the incoming set.
All I can say is that; thank gawd for muscle...sore as I might be, it's better than having a broken leg!
No comments:
Post a Comment