Tuesday, June 1, 2010

30 Days and a Wake Up


Tis the time of anxious worry and subdued elation as I begin the final month of my exile, while planning and fine-tuning my return to NORCAL. Despite the fact that there is no job in place, (just a slight chance of one)...I'm confindent in my own skill at finding one. At least I'll have decent transportation, but at the cost of a monthly loan payment price! Yes, there are waves to be surfed, things to get organized, places to visit and friends to meet up with, but only as long as I am welcomed. :-)

I've got enough to get by for about 6 months, maybe more if I starve myself, but my exile has toughened me to the reality of what I'm about to face. I'm prepared to lay waste to the job opportunities that I will be actively seeking within this highly unemployed state. But at least I'll be filled with stoke instead of hate, feeling blessed instead of damned, and living amongst friends instead of enemies.

I'll keep my hopes up and will go where destiny still calls me...to the land of stoke and endless swell.

4 comments:

  1. Hell yes! This is really great news. Best of luck in the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Christian...we'll be seeing you this summer, as I hope to make some travels down south once I'm back. I'll try to advertise on the blog when this will happen so we can plan a meet up at BCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! Stop in (pnw) on your way back. Surf's been shit....but hey it's almost home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the offer Ms. Twin...good to be back within site of surf, whether it's shitty or not! ;-)

    ReplyDelete