I had the great honor of meeting Dale Velzy several years ago and ordering a board from him. He was a complete gentleman and was kind enough to allow this kook the special treat of viewing his shaping room. It was a great experience...one in which I now look back upon and treasure, especially now, close to my return from exile and the stoke of riding the board he made for me. Two and a half more weeks! Friday, June 11, 2010
Remembering the Hawk
I had the great honor of meeting Dale Velzy several years ago and ordering a board from him. He was a complete gentleman and was kind enough to allow this kook the special treat of viewing his shaping room. It was a great experience...one in which I now look back upon and treasure, especially now, close to my return from exile and the stoke of riding the board he made for me. Two and a half more weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I left northern California 17 years ago, but I still dream of it often. The dream is always the same. I've graduated from college, have no job and have to move home. It sucked then and it sucks now. I miss Humboldt.
ReplyDeleteSuch great news that you're only 2.5 weeks out. I bet you're already packed!!!!
Almost packed...got most of my stuff boxed up to ship back soon...selling off most the crap that I bought up here that's too big to ship back. Looking forward to being HOME for good.
ReplyDeleteYou're in the home straight. You can see the finish line. The race is finally almost over . . . and you finished in the lead!
ReplyDelete