
Prologue: Thanks to everyone for the positive thoughts concerning my recent relationship mishap...I'm doing better, moving forward in my life and of course surfing as much as I can. I have recently bought a new laptop for home use, seeing that my new job is not as forgiving as my previous for playing on the internets, and will be posting stuff on a more regular basis than I have in the past. Anyways, onto the stoke.
Surf Session #4:
Not being a braggart when it comes to the conditions of late, I made it my duty to "just get wet" for the purposes of doing something that helps me focus on the more important aspects of life: yourself and the path your on. Had a nice 2 hrs in the water, arriving early enough to beat the crowd while mingling with friendlies, sharing wave after wave that came through. Nothing too big, average about shoulder-high, but some nice rides were snagged.
Surf Session #5:
Same spot as #4, just one week later. On a side note; I hate it that I have to wait until the weekend to surf nowadays. Having just obtained this new job, a great job with a fellow surfer friend of mine, I have not yet obtained my "permanent" status, and thus paid "sick days", or should I say "stoke days". Anyways, my new boss, being that he too is surfer, has already told me that we will both take off to surf if it's good, making up the time after we get back to work...this is very cool indeed, but I'm holding out until I've achieved my permanent status with the company.
Ok, now the session details...wind-swept and waist high or less but fun indeed. The wave face was nothing to shout about, but I did snag a couple of long rides, beating the close-out and practicing my cut-backs and off the lip maneuvers. Had it to myself for about an hour before it started getting crowded, but by then what was left was really too affect by the wind chop. Enjoyed seeing snow on the day before this session, as I was reminded again why I love NORCAL so much.
Surf Session #4:
Not being a braggart when it comes to the conditions of late, I made it my duty to "just get wet" for the purposes of doing something that helps me focus on the more important aspects of life: yourself and the path your on. Had a nice 2 hrs in the water, arriving early enough to beat the crowd while mingling with friendlies, sharing wave after wave that came through. Nothing too big, average about shoulder-high, but some nice rides were snagged.
Surf Session #5:
Same spot as #4, just one week later. On a side note; I hate it that I have to wait until the weekend to surf nowadays. Having just obtained this new job, a great job with a fellow surfer friend of mine, I have not yet obtained my "permanent" status, and thus paid "sick days", or should I say "stoke days". Anyways, my new boss, being that he too is surfer, has already told me that we will both take off to surf if it's good, making up the time after we get back to work...this is very cool indeed, but I'm holding out until I've achieved my permanent status with the company.
Ok, now the session details...wind-swept and waist high or less but fun indeed. The wave face was nothing to shout about, but I did snag a couple of long rides, beating the close-out and practicing my cut-backs and off the lip maneuvers. Had it to myself for about an hour before it started getting crowded, but by then what was left was really too affect by the wind chop. Enjoyed seeing snow on the day before this session, as I was reminded again why I love NORCAL so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment