Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Surf Session # 11

This report be a couple of days after the fact...got back out on Sunday and caught some really nice rights. Had my quicker, thinner and lighter 10'6 and got to dial it in on some really nice 6' lumbering 14 sec interval fun.

Was the first in at first-light, and first-out 2 hrs later...just as the line-up was getting a bit too crowded.

Case in point:

SUPPY of ONE

As you can see in the above pic...a SUPPY made an appearance, which does not usually upset me (mostly because I was already out of the water), but I decided to watch from the over-look, where I was taking the pics...just to see if what I had seen the last time, with this particular SUPPY, was true or not.

Yep, true to form...this wave-hog proceeded to ride a wave in, picking it up before anyone had the opportunity to even see or paddle for it. Then, with a casual air of indifference and thoughtlessness, paddled back out and immediately picked up another one, never bothering to wait his turn, while cutting off others who hadn't had the opportunity to catch anything yet...as evidenced by the above pic: he had just ridden one in and had paddled back out...look at his position as compared to the other surfers near him...he is closest to the peak (which breaks right) and in the prime position of being #1 on any wave that comes in...KOOOOOOOOOK!

Now, don't get me wrong on this, as I'm fully aware that, unfortunately, it's more like a "dog-eat-dog" environment whenever crowded conditions apply. However, it really wasn't that crowded (see pics below)...I'm figuring this porker just felt "privileged" in some way...which just burns me.

Well, at least I now know the truth...next time I won't be so generous...that is, so long as he can drag his SUPPY self out into the water as early as I do. ;-)

Here be the rest of the story...

No comments:

Post a Comment