Saturday, August 25, 2012

Reborn Stoke - No. 45


One month after my disastrous SOCAL misadventure and I'm back...sort of, seeing that my first session within the realm of stoke was more like a "test drive" than an actual thrill seeking, adrenaline fueled ride filled with head-high bombs of chilly numbness and fun.

But fuck it...I'm back where I need to be, despite the chilly grey morning NORCAL hello that greeted me with a hearty helping of mushy mediocrity. 

Caught 3 waves in total for the 1 hour that I was out...nothing remarkable but definitely a statement that my "popping" muscle problem is no more. The only problem that I faced was getting used to the cold water again!

I plan on going out again on Sunday, despite the projected small swell...need to keep feeding my cold water addiction.

Thanks again to everyone for the encouraging comments and thoughts for my healing. No worries, as I'm not forcing it and will keep an eye on anything that feels not right, so as to not hurt myself again.

Now all I need to do is get myself back down to SOCAL to complete that surf trip that ended too abruptly and way too early!

Forgot to add...no pics, cept for my ugly mug...due to the very lame conditions and no one else being out.

10 comments:

  1. Yay a for you Pabs !!! Glad to hear your listening to your body and not overdoing it :-)
    Can't wait to read what adventures you have ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...thar be more to the story now, and I'm sure you, Valerie and the rest of the SOCAL crew will be a part of it! Looking forward to surfing with you again.

      Delete
  2. awesome news! welcome back in The Element! You should come down to SoCal during winter: less crowded, more swell and less tropical so it feels more like home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just might take up your request...fully knowing what Swamis can do in the winter, and me knowing how to do it while being numb and cold! :-)

      Delete
  3. yes PABS!! you're back!! that was quick! the Ocean water heals all kinds of injuries... glad you're already back in the water! stay stoked and positive! can't go anywhere but up from here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KK...yep, all healed up just in time for the return of the early fall NORCAL ground swell, which means better surf!

      Delete
  4. Right on, Pabs. Keep on keepin' on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christian...I will make good on that promise to surf BCB with you someday!

      Delete
  5. Yay!!! That's great news. Just be careful, please. But let me repeat . . . YAAAAAAAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Surfsista...being as careful as I can without overdoing it. Trying to keep me healthy for the return of the long-interval ground swell.

      Delete