The misty wetness of an early morning sesh at the usual spot
had me panties all twisted and me tummy in a nervous knot because of the 7+ foot swell and its 13 second
interval!
By the time I hit the liquid playground, the fat looking
globs of glistening sweetness continued to build as they rolled through at a
leisurely pace, leaving many defeated attempts to insert myself because of the
amount of water in being pushed quickly towards land.
I patiently waited for the big sets...bypassing the smaller
stuff for one of the double overhead drops that would occasionally poke through.
However, while
waiting, I got caught inside on a rouge wave (though I was the farthest out)
and had to ride the head-high whitewash back to shore before walking back over
to the paddle out spot to try again.
Was finally rewarded by the Mother Ocean with a very nice,
next to the bubble, ride that took me for a lovely trip deep inside, where once
again...I had to go ashore and paddle back out again.
Had 3 epic rides that involved
the process of "running the circuit", but what made it more fun was
the ever present marine layer and its ability to block out the encroaching
sets.
Because of its thick soupy blanket, the fog did not allow you much wiggle room in deciding
when or when not to go...all you could see was the dark face of something approaching
in the distance, making you wonder whether it would break in front of you, beside you, or behind you.
I found myself having to wait until the wave was right upon me before I could
decide to pull the trigger, or not..very challenging but fun.
Because of the fog, the pics be limited and blurry:
Those are some lovely photos. Sounds like a good day out there. I slept in to avoid the hype.
ReplyDelete