Saturday, June 11, 2011

Surf Session # 23

Surfed a new spot for me...a place that I have always wanted to try out, but never had the opportunity because it's always been better closer to home. This spot is a bit of a drive, but with the very small conditions and rising tide, it was really the only place worth checking out. Don't let the sign fool ya...nothing too big to be worried about, though it does drop off pretty quickly, as I learned latter in the session.

Just the boss and I in the water...sharing it with a huge bull seal and squadrons of pelicans. Very peaky and shallow drop off. Caught myself riding one too far in, where I was promptly dumped upon the sand in less than a foot of water. The 10'6" board survived the ordeal, with only me eating some sand.

Job has taken a turn for the busy and hectic...more so than my last job at the community college up here. But at least I can take off and surf...tons better than a year ago: Stuck in Alaska.

Think I'm gonna try a hit it all this upcoming week...low low in the am all week, should make it fun at my favorite break.

1 comment:

  1. I think I know where that's at. On my trip up there I that place. There was a peak that was working, but I was all alone. It just looked to ominous to be out there by myself.

    ReplyDelete