Sunday, June 26, 2011

Surf Session # 26

Afternoon, wind swept but surprisingly well-shaped waist high liquid close outs for a beautiful NORCAL Sunday. Sun be shiny, first time I had to break out the dome screen, having burned me scalp too many times before.

Just me an one other guy out, or should I add...at our peak. He had a rather scary encounter with the rocks (the ones in the above pic), riding leash-less and having his board go "high and dry" on a ledge at the water's edge. He had just caught himself a close-out right and somehow let the board get away from him. I did not see the incident, having my eyes forward and watching for wave. However, I did witness the part where he had to ride the upswell next to the rock to grab the board and pull it back into the water, having caught myself a nice short right that took me in his general direction. When I saw what was happening, I adjusted my line in order to take me sharply away from the area. After dismounting the slop, I yelled if he was ok...he gave a thumbs up. This was my attempt at being a bit more accommodating of others in the water. Besides, I believe in Karma...what goes around, comes around kind of thinking. We shared the peak and I never felt concerned that he was "hogging" all the waves...of course, with all of the beautiful weather and small waves "who cares". :=p

I had some nice rides where I was able to move down the line faster than previously, having rediscovered the concept of trim and how to maintain my speed by moving further forward on the board while leaning into the wave face. Of course, got in some nose stepping but have yet to hang out there. Guess that will come with time, or more stable conditions.

Not many pics, just the one...but at least you can see how pretty it was.

3 comments:

  1. still with a 5/4 wetsuit?... looks warm and cozy up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...it was nice day and the water...a refreshingly balmy 55 degrees, was a nice to escape to when the sun became too much to bare on the surface. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "This was my attempt at being a bit more accommodating of others in the water."

    Really you are not accommodating in the water? I really find that hard to believe! YES I believe in Karma too! Glad to see you back in Mother Ocean!
    AND I agree with Surfmama.. it does look warm and cozy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete