Saturday, December 10, 2011

Surf Session # 71 and # 72

Both surf sessions at the secret spot, with the first day being bigger than the second.

I had some nervousness in returning to the secret spot because of the anonymous comment and the implied threat it contained as it related to this particular local break. However, having served time within the military during the first Desert Storm, I was not about to be intimidated by some punk-ass kook's empty handed threat.

Had an opportunity to talk to Chris, a fellow longboarder who is a fellow Dawn Patrol soldier and good spirit in the water, about the whole "Anonymous" comment thingy. He agreed that it was over-the-top and wrong.

Likewise, he confirmed that after he found my blog (after I gave him the url address), he told several other locals about the blog because he really enjoyed my pics and thought they would too. His friend Kevin, who I also gave the old url address to, did the same thing...which makes me believe that the whole thing was a word-of-mouth circumstance, and the fool that posted the comment was probably someone I don’t even know.

I let him know that the blog still exists...just in a different incarnation and url address, and that I would give him the new location on his word that he would not divulge it to anyone local. He agreed and reiterated that he really enjoyed the pics which made me feel pretty good.

Anyways, work has been a bitch lately, cutting into any water-time that I can have during the week. However, with the upcoming holiday break, I was finally able to get into the liquid playground for two days this past week because my work load has become less.

Got my fair share of nice drops and rides for both days, with some spectacular dismounts that had me doing flips over the closing lip. Those always bring a smile to my face.

The second day was a blast, with just me and one other guy out...very mellow vibe accompanied by beautiful weather.

Pics are all from from session #72

4 comments:

  1. Don't let it get at you. Just keep doing your thing and have fun doing so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pabs! I was worried about you not posting. I can't believe what happened and at the same time I'm not surprised as it happened to another fellow blogger. That is so sad ;(
    The worst part is that you might know the guy, or you had surfed with him...
    What I like to think is that those unpleasant guys finish to find someone even more unpleasant that them ;)
    Better to be on the right side of the Force. The dark side does not sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Surfmama...I'm a firm believer in Karma and all that it entails, having been the recipient of both the positive and negative aspects of it during my lifetime.

    I'm just trying to stay focused on the positive and surf as much as I can get it.

    ReplyDelete