Trip down to the "Boat Ramp" for some really lame, but occasionally fun, sloppy seconds 4' mush balls...had it not been for my traveling companion, Surf Sista Shasara, I would not have even attempted the suit up.The weather, grey and dripping wet, was unwelcoming to this non-local, spitting and mocking me as I quickly got out of my warm vehicle, suited up and paddled out to began my last surf session of the year.
A very strange year it has been...starting out with the complete abandonment of any desire to surf following the abrupt departure of someone I cared about...took me a while to get back into the groove, then my shoulder decides to act old and torn.
On the bright side, I landed a permanent/full time job at my surfing buddies business that is really a piece of cake and pays me some serious cash. The bonus is being able to take off from work and surf, no problems with the boss on that one!
Anyways, looking forward to the new year and the return of the Low/Low tides to the early mornings (mid-March)...hope everyone has a good year too.
Happy New Year Pabs! I hope this year brings you nothing but the BEST!
ReplyDelete