Monday, January 23, 2012

Calling All Seekers of Stoke - SurfSista Needs Our Help

UPDATE: Surfsista had her surgery and is now on the mend...many thanks to everyone that donated to help her pay her medical costs. I decided to remove the "Donate" site's link from this blog, but if you find yourself still interested in seeing if you can still donate, simply copy/paste on the the below link to the donation site:

http://www.gofundme.com/d8ab4

Reposting this for my very good friend and fellow Seeker of Stoke...Surfsista:has broken her leg badly. She is in pain and in

Mary (aka Surfsista) has broken her leg badly.

Because she lives in the most advanced and
wealthiest country on Earth she is not able to
access free medical health care.

Let's raise some money so that, at the least, we,
her friends, can collectively relieve some of the
stress and despair that is no doubt going through
her mind as she contemplates the very real and
tough decisions that come with trying to pay
ridiculous costs in a land that cries freedom and
then shackles the 99% with prohibitive health care
costs.

Let's help her to not have to face every waking
moment deciding between bad options.

Let's give her cause to at least raise a smile today
at the idea that her fellow surfers, and others
beyond, care enough about her well being that
they are willing to put their money where their
mouths are and donate a little bit of cash to help her
in her time of trouble.

For she is, in short, a dudette, a mother, great role
model and someone we all call a friend. Help raise
a surprised smile today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so wrong. Even with this wrecked ankle/leg, I'm cracking myself up. Instead of "she is in pain," I'm inserting "she is a pain". At least, I think that's what my husband would say. LOL!!

    Thanks, Pabs!

    ReplyDelete