On it very, very early...before daybreak because it was small (Chest High) and mellow which = crowds.
Despite the weather report of overcast and potential rain, turned out to be clear and sunny...just another beautiful winter day in NORCAL.
The commercial crab season has started (the distant lights on the horizon in the below pic), and the water definitely showed a lot of activity and floating debris...whether it was a result of the crab pots stirring up the bottom, or remnants of the crazy storm that recently passed through...anyways, had a playful young dolphin hanging out with me and showing me how it's really done before the next surfer paddled up next to me.
I got myself a wave smorgasbord (as Donny Duckbutter would say) because I found a sneaker peak, away from the main peak, that would fire at certain times during the hour (yes, I wear a watch and time the sets...very easy to do and very beneficial too)...so, as the main peak got crowded, I drifted to my alternative peak...it broke more inside and had a right, and the occasional left shoulder that unfolded for some serious fun turns and nose walking.
All in all a great day...Pics below:
I always enjoy looking at your pictures!
ReplyDeleteThanks surfy Grams!
Delete