Saturday, April 28, 2012

No. 17


Hit it early, though was a bit late. Was surprised to see that I was the only one at the usual spot...until I saw the conditions: too much water (with the high tide having only passed through 2 hrs previously).

The waves were there, they were just hiding...waiting until it got closer to low tide. Decided to hit it and see what I could find. Easy paddle out, but getting yourself inserted in some seriously fun drops that would briefly open up and expose a soft shoulder before closing out completely was pretty hard and required perfect timing.

Had to wait about 30 minutes before I got a beautiful left that instantly filled my severely depleted stoke tank. From there on, the wave smorgasbord was served...to me and only me for about 30 minutes before the crowd starting trickling in...anticipating the oncoming low tide.

Good to see Surfers Chris, Steve, Mark and Barry in the water...swapping waves that would pop up with surprisingly steep faces but fun shoulders. After the hell that was my work week, this was just what I needed.

Beautiful NORCAL morning too.

Here b the pics

2 comments:

  1. It WAS a good morning...looks great up there, nice shots.
    I know what ya need about running the
    "STOKE TANK TOO LOW", glad you got a fill up
    in time too....nice blog !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 days in a row now...my tank runith over! Thanks for compliment.

      Delete