Sunday, April 29, 2012

No. 18

Same spot as yesterday, later in the morning, smaller interval and with the Boss Who Surfs to share some stoke with...he had just returned from a long business world tour of Germany, India and Australia. 

Lucky guy got to surf Bell's Beach a couple of weeks after the pro surf competition...said it was fun and friendly. I think him and wife will be making their next vacation there.

Anyways, was not expecting anything too much, having already had a great session the day before...seems I skunk myself every time I foreshadow the session based upon the previous sessions greatness! We pulled up at 9:15 am to see only 1 guy out (Surfer Mark), but a lot of others suiting up in the parking lot.

Boss had just returned on Friday afternoon, after leaving on Friday from Australia, but had all of Saturday to get his internal clock back on Cali time. 

Hit the water and within the first 30 min of the session, bagged 4 really good rides. Steep drops, with a mellow glassy liquid texture that unfolded to thick shoulders that were fickle in their blessings of long or short rides.

Pulled off a crazy "shortboard" move on my 10'6...a couple of drop-knee cutbacks with a quick dismount via a lip drop...Squealed like a tweener at Justin Bieber concert!

Got crowded real fast as the tide went down and the weather got sunny. By the time the Boss and I exited the water, several others exited too...leaving no one on the spot, while everyone else tried to surf closeouts further North of the sweet spot.

I've got a good feeling bout the bar coming back to life...could be a fun summer and fall if it stays on.

Here b the pics:

1 comment:

  1. ah-a! I know what you're doing Pabs !!! Marketing strategy: you write "Justin Bieber" in your post so you will have a peak of traffic on your blog today... ;)
    You made me LOL though which is bad when reading from a crowded cubicle...

    ReplyDelete