Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rocket Man: Part 2


DAWN...spring up and sprout wings...anxiously enduring the onslaught of wicked reminders of reality...I forgo the morning fog of my sleep-deprived mind and linger next to her...snuggling and smothering myself in her sweet scent...mind drifts into the melancholy recognition of another day beginning, another day to fret over...to organize and conquer. I nudge my sleeping beauty...a slight shrug back is returned, bringing a smile to my face.

Rise and Shine...let your freak flag fly...open the door and walk on thru...all a part of the inner cries of a desparate man. Shake it off, man...get a move on, we're burnin daylight. I slowly begin to rise from my blanketed grave, silent and warm...letting go is the worst part...from a restful peace on into the cold embrace of reality. Time to burn...time to get a move on...I finally let go and give into the early morning caffiene craving.

"You gonna eat that?"...she whispers in her before coffee and cigarettes voice. "Not now...I guess." I gently push the toasted/jellified concoction towards her and rise, with coffee cup in hand, walking out to our front porch for the ritualistic morning smoke and newspaper, as she finnishes off my breakfast and grabs herself a cup of joe before following me out to the porch.

It's nice to have her close to me, snuggling against my warm body as we both silently stare off into the morning mist...sipping and smoking.

Looking out over the bleak, misty open landscape that lay beneath my perched over-look, I am reminded of the dull emptied shit-brown chasm of chaos that held my mind and body captive for those 24 months of hell on Earth.

Friendly gestures of quiet and desolate lonliness inter-mingling with sharp jagged bursts of adrenaline fueled action that severs and splinters my soft reality with the hot truth of war...a mental list begins to form, overtaking any other that had previously guided me through life: never acknowledge...never befriend...never remember. Yeah...NEVER...that's what they tell ya...in order to live, ya gotta know how to let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment