Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's that Time of Year Again

Call me lucky or just a little early...just happened today, within the same stoke realm of my last visit to Mother Ocean. The guy is going to live and have a tale to tell, along with the brutal scar of a his close encounter with the Man in the Grey Suit.

From the pic above, I can only figure that his 5/4 wetsuit protected and secured the gaping wound, preventing him from meeting the same unfortunate fate as the SOCAL surfer from last week.

Anyways, for those interested in knowing more...here's the link to the report:

http://www.times-standard.com/breakingnews/ci_21888684/life-threatening-shark-bite-off-north-jetty

UPDATE: the dude PUNCHED the Shark! Here is the link to his telling the tale:

 http://www.times-standard.com/localnews/ci_21902844/humboldt-shark-attack-victim-punched-shark-rode-wave?source=jBar

3 comments:

  1. From the story:

    ""It punctured all the way through. There were guts and meat hanging," Gabriel said, adding that the victim appeared to be in shock. "He was going 'Oh my God, oh my God.'"

    Jesus Christ, that is insane and reminds me of why I wimped out and never surfed a single session while I was a student there. That session with you was only the second time I have ever paddled out up there. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pabs, please Kkeep surfing your long longboard... It might discourage some of your NoCal surf companions from taking a bite of you. So scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with surf mama... Seems the longboarders are not as interesting to our grey friend.. But when I heard shark attack involving a surfer from Eureka... My heart sank!!! I was on pins and needles... I'm so happy to hear you are ok..., but I also my heart goes out to the surfer invvolved.

    ReplyDelete